Monday, February 25, 2013

Defensive Linemen Prospects for the Titans - Sam Montgomery


SAM MONTGOMERY - DEFENSIVE END LSU

Another player I wrote about in my pre-combine draft blog is LSU DE Sam Montgomery. I was a bit put off by an interview he did prior to the combine workouts where he admitted to taking plays off, but I decided to try and get past that and focus on his performance and I'm glad I did. Montgomery looked as good as I expected and I was pleased to hear some draft analysts agree with me that he is a more natural RDE. In any event, Montgomery measures 6' 3" and weighs 262. His numbers weren't spectacular but he looked fast and quick in agility drills. I question whether he will be there for the picking in round 2 but if he is the Titans surely will find it hard to pass him over.


CBS Sports Draft Profile

NFL Draft Profile


No comments:

Post a Comment